Most delegates who attend WOMEX aren’t showcasing, they engage in other ways, such as cementing current or fledgling relationships with the vast network of world music agents, programmers and festivals who come to WOMEX to book, experience and find new music.
If you're involved in the music industry, the chance to attend WOMEX for the first time to meet and do business with over 2,500 delegates from over 90 countries could have significant importance for your professional practice and/or music business / project.
A delegate badge gives you access to:
- Trade Fair - over 300 trade stands including ‘Horizons’ area and the Wales stand and support
- Networking opportunities to meet with the contacts you need
- Conference - panels and professional development across three days
- Film Screenings - best in world music documentaries from IMZ
- Awards - ceremony celebrating achievement in world music
- virtualWOMEX - network online with the industry
- Daytime Showcases - at the trade fair building
- ‘Land of Song’ - WOMEX 13 Opening Concert; artistic director Cerys Matthews
- WOMEX Nights - a festival of World Music; the three-night showcase festival element of WOMEX 13.
The full conference programme is available here: http://www.womex.com/realwomex/2013/thur_daytime_schedule.html
WOMEX also have a video about how delegates can benefit from attending WOMEX:
If the video does not show, you can also view it here
If you want to attend as a delegate from England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales, there is a reduced rate for registration on Virtual WOMEX before 27 September at:
If you're thinking of attending the trade fair, we have put together some top tips to help delegates from Wales to make the most of this unique opportunity:
WOMEX Top Tips
This event isn’t just about the delegates; it’s also a prime opportunity to grow the audience for World, ethnic, roots, folk music in the UK and Ireland. You can experience the diverse and world class range of artists at WOMEX Nights – A festival of World Music within Wales Millennium Centre and Roald Dahl Plass.