Put your ideas at work for social innovation
An international competition rewarding young creative changemakers
Are you a young artist or creative entrepreneur? Are you concerned about contemporary societal issues, ranging from poverty to migration to climate change and urban living? Do you want to take an active role and provide solutions?
Enter the b.creative challenge!
Launched by KEA European Affairs as part of the Creative Tracks project, the b.creative challenge is an international competition which seeks to reward young creative entrepreneurs using their skills to address social, cultural or environmental issues across the globe.
This competition is open to:
- Artists or collectives of artists, cultural and creative entrepreneurs working in visual arts, advertising, architecture, crafts, design, fashion, film and video, gastronomy, music, publishing, radio and television, computer games or performing arts.
- Projects addressing issues such as climate change, mental and physical well-being, new food and sustainable agriculture, transports and mobility, social cohesion, access to education and digital literacy, migration or inequality and poverty (non-exhaustive list)
- Innovative collaborations combining creative and artistic skills with competences from other fields (e.g. from science, technology, manufacturing).
- Projects reflecting international collaborations / seeking a transnational impact
Entries into the competition are accepted until the 28th April 2017.
The winning project will be selected by an international jury, featuring distinguished artists and creative professionals.
The winning application will receive:
- € 3000 money award
- 3-month rent-free incubation in Shenzhen within the programme Soft Landing in China offered by Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition Space
- 5 days incubation programme offered by Creatis Brussels, the newly established creative incubator supported by ING and KissKissBankBank. The programme equally includes 4 nights accommodation
- Participation in the Global Cultural Leadership Programme 2018 edition, organised by the Cultural Diplomacy Platform
- Media exposure through different networks of creative entrepreneurs such as Creative Tracks, b.creative, KEA, Creative Europe or Creative Hubs.
- 2 return tickets and accommodation to present the project at the second edition of b.creative which will take place in Shenzhen (China) on 8th and 9th December 2017